Reef Octopus VarioS 2 Circulation Pump
Max Flow: 792gph / Max Delivery Height: 13ft
- Efficiency: 24V / 25watts
- Dimensions: 3.1in(W) x 5.1in(L) x 4.25in(H)
- Controller Features: Multiple pause times, float switch safety and 0-10v input for 3rd party controller.
- Includes: VarioS-2 pump, controller, float switch, power supply, protective intake screen and connection fittings.
- Additional Information
VarioS-2 Circulation PumpThe Reef Octopus VarioS 2 Circulation Pump features a detachable controller with mount, high quality ceramic shaft with propeller bearing to reduce wear and tear and the latest variable speed flow technology for refined control, enhanced performance, energy-efficiency and safer operations. Unlike the vast majority of circulation pumps which uses alternating current (AC), the Reef Octopus VarioS 2 pump boasts several key advantages over traditional AC pumps like greater energy efficiency and safer low voltage operationand produce less heat per volume of flow.
>> Now the aquarist can have full control of the water flow through their sump, reactors, filters or closed loop systems!!!
REFINED CONTROLIn addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, which is pretty normal for a DC pump, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you dont need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is¦ a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune Systems APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
There are no reviews yet.