Dual Output Submersible Powerhead (290gph)
- Additional Information
FeaturesThe Submersible Powerhead (290gph) provides the proper water circulation for healthy fish and animals within your aquarium. All pumps are CE approved with 3-prong grounded cords that carry a 6-month warranty. Ceramic shafts ensure long-term reliable performance at an affordable price. "Dual Output" flow direction circulates water in two different directions simultaneously. And is corrosion resistant for fresh or saltwater usage.
Information about powerheadsThe Submersible Powerhead (290gph) is an underwater water pump that draws from the water source and releases a strong stream of water out of the output. It can be used to speed up the process of changing water and make its own method of filtration and, of course, boost the flow of water through your aquarium. Water circulation is a topic of discussion in the hobby of saltwater aquariums to mimic the waves' movement, however, the lack of flow could also cause problems in freshwater aquariums. Fish tanks (especially big ones) that have a lot of ornaments or hardscapes may develop dead zones in which a lot of debris accumulates and algae begin to grow. The increased circulation of water can mix up waste particles to ensure they are absorbed through the filters, equally, distribute the nutrients that aquarium plants can consume, and increase surface agitation to ensure that fish can get sufficient oxygen for breathing. Additionally, certain species such as hillstream loaches and rainbow shiners are accustomed to swiftly flowing rivers and might enjoy a more current habitat.
- Powerhead can be used to push water into filtration equipment such as media and algae reactors as well as refugiums, and lawn scrubbers.
- Stirrers along with UV sterilizers.
- Mix seawater with synthetic salt
- Transfer water into and out of the tank throughout water shifts
- Aeration (primarily freshwater tanks)
- The breaking of tension on the surface increases the exchange of gas
- Vacuuming and blowing debris out of the hard-to-access parts of the sump as well as aquascape