reef octopus elite 150 Protein Skimmer
- Additional Information
Ultimate in Control and Performance
Bioload HandlingThe bioload of an aquarium relates to the capacity of an aquarium to handle waste according to the volume of tank. Protein skimmers perform best when they are properly aligned to the bioload of the system. (EXCLUDING SUMP)
- 100 GALLONS of HEAVY 100 GALLONS
- MEDIUM 160 GALLONS
- LIGHT 210 GALLONS
Elite 150INT Features
- Secure and efficient 24V power
- Super Cone Body that reduces Turbulence
- Solid Cast Acrylic and Machined PVC Construction
- Vented Output Valve that Adjusts Dial
- AEURoeTwist and lift"" Collection Cup
- The unit is disassembled for easy cleaning and Maintenance
- Effective, quiet and controllable VarioS-2S pump
- 5 Energy Saving Power Controllable Settings
- Detachable Controller Waterproof Union
Refined ControlIn addition to the ability to run the pump at 5 different speeds the brand new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a whole new level by offering:
- A float switch connector, that allows you to connect the floating switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is a security feature that permits you to turn off the pump for the skimmer when your wastewater collector has reached its capacity. You can also turn off the water pump when the sump water is at an extreme or low level. All in all it is a good idea to donaEUR(tm)t need a new controller or module to add the float switch to your system.
- Two different feed and pause modes can stop the pump at between 15 and 60 minutes. These are helpful when you're feeding the tank or carrying out regular maintenance, such as an annual water change.
- The best thing about the VarioS controller is that it has a 10 volt input that will allow third party controllers like the Neptune SystemaEUR(tm)s APEX or Reef Angel to control the pump and instruct that it to perform. In this way the new VarioS controller acts as an interfacing device between your system controller as well as the pump , allowing users to write complex programs with your system controller's native language. This is a new level of control on an skimmer or water pump. In essence, you could make use of your system controller as your controller for DC pumps!